Volusion updated their V11 e-commerce software today. The release notes are as follows:
New Features and Product Enhancements
– Social Media is a vital marketing tool and Volusion continues to make it easy for people to share and talk about products with an improved AddThis integration. We’ve updated these sharing buttons to be cleaner, simpler and more relevant to major social channels. In addition to Facebook, Twitter and Email your customers can now share your product via the new Google +1 button.
– A fix to Deal of the Day prevents the selection of Parent products for the deal, as intended.
– An EAN Code field was added to the Product Details page in order to satisfy Google Merchant Center requirements on some product types for UK merchants.
– A checkbox to include VAT in the price within the Google Merchant Center feed.
– All service codes for Endicia Integration have been updated per the latest Endicia documentation.
Volusion has dedicated this small section of whitespace below the product image to all sharing buttons which, up until today, resulted in a cramped and ugly space. The changes to the social sharing icon set (by way of updating the AddThis code) are much appreciated.